Credentialing, Privileging, and Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE and OPPE)
For updates in practice and/or a consultation, contact us via the website.
- Does it have a strong evidence-base?
- Does it have a strong relationship to patient outcomes/clinical care?
- Does it support a health care organization’s goal of patient safety and quality of care?
- Does it have benefits that outweigh the costs?
- Does it support a health care priority which impacts quality and safety?
- The Joint Commission’s FAQ search page on Standards[iv]
- TJC Leadership Blog, “OPPE and FPPE: tools to help make privileging decisions” by Robert Wise, MD, dated August 21st, 2013.
- TJC Leadership Blog, “Using OPPE as a performance measurement tool” by Paul Ziaya, MD, dated Feb 5th, 2014.
- TJC Leadership Blog post, “Physician experience with standards: An opportunity for understanding and improvement”, by Robert A. Wise, MD, dated Nov. 6th, 2013.