Now available as an online short course with pdf(s)
- WA State's calculator link (for MEQ) comes with a CEU training for providers about opioid prescriptions
- Link to more WA State Opioid Safety Resources with some YouTube Videos.
- The CDC Opioid Prescribing Safety Guideline Training, the August 2017 update
- these guidelines have lowered the red flag MED from 120/day to 50/day
- If you want to dive deeper into this: The COCA Webinar series with the University of Washington
- All of the above Resources plus
- Moving Beyond Medications: Non-Pharm Approaches to Pain Management and Well-Being
- Cautious, Evidenced-Based Prescribing Guidelines
all revenue generated from these goes toward sustaining the Hospital Handbook Project, a community resource
- How to use a validated Pain Scale in Your Chart Note
- How to Calculate MEQ and the Medication Review Standard for Non-prescribers
- Medication Review and ROS: Opioid medication side effects
- The White Paper: Acupuncture's Role in Solving the Opioid Epidemic
- The FDA Pain Management Guideline Recommends Acupuncture
- The Joint Commission Pain Management Standard 2017 Clarification on Non-Drug Pain Relief Therapies
- DVPRS, the validated pain scale designed for the patient-centered, biopsychosocial clinic model
If you found this helpful, contribute $5 or $25 to the Hospital Handbook Project today to support this resource (website and blogposts).
Want to learn more? Contact me about our related online, self-paced courses.