The Hospital Handbook is more than just a blog.
Most important is the community the work around this project creates. The creation and sustainment of this community of hospital-practice Acupuncturists is essential to the following things the Handbook project aims to support:
1. Create a Community
2. Create a source of information. Get this information to those who need it.
3. Discuss standards of profession and professional practice, particularly as it pertains to Licensed Acupuncturists working in the hospital/medical center setting.
I. Create a Community.
Develop a community of hospital practice Licensed Acupuncturists.
- Share our wisdom.
- Help each other avoid "re-inventing the wheel" each time a new clinic is set up or an Acupuncturist is hired at a center for the first time or for each L.Ac. starting hospital practice. This community is also useful for each current hospital-practice L.Ac. who might be venturing into different patient population or type of clinic.
- Encourage each other.
- Increase and improve our knowledge and practice standards together.
II. Create a source of information. Get this information to those who need it.
- Hospital practice L.Ac.s
- The hospital administration that supports those L.Ac.s, in particular the Hospital Sponsor.
- This blog
- Future book(s), based on concepts this blog aims to cover and connection to relevant written materials vetted by the community.
III. Discuss standards of profession and professional practice
Create a forum for discussing those standards of good practice to develop our professional standards as a whole and enhance our own practice.
Interested in why I founded this Project? Hear my story in Why This Project?
Want to connect to the Project?
- Subscribe to the email newsletter list. announcements and updates go through the newsletter
- Follow us on the public Facebook page
- Check out our YouTube Channel Playlist to learn more about our Projects.
- Tune in to our Lunchbreak Listens Page to follow a growing list of Integrative Medicine background learning recommendations.
- Support this work through any of the support options on the website or courses page
Want to be a Sponsor?
Current sponsorship options include:
- sponsor a newsletter
- If you want to sponsor an episode in one of the interview series, contact me via the website with "interested in sponsoring an interview series" in the subject line. Thank you.
This is not a 501c nonprofit organization, so contributions are not tax-deductible.