The Hospital Practice Handbook Project's Telehealth Roundtable Pre-Event, Part 1: Why Telehealth? and What Could a Patient-Centered, Integrative Health Telehealth Program Look Like?
|Reserve your Event Ticket|
Topics covered in this video
- Why is telehealth important as part of phased re-opening?
- What is the potential for telehealth in the integrative health paradigm of patient-centered care?
- Short examples to explain this idea
- How to buy a ticket and access the event scheduled for June 20th, 2020
- The pdf of this presentation will be available in the "recordings access" portion of the Roundtable ticket (Ticket Plus or Recordings Only ticket options).
video link: https://youtu.be/ixN0mx8n9L4
Summary notes with time stamps
minutes 0 - 2
- How to submit questions to the panel before the event
- How to reserve an event ticket
minute 2:13 - 6
- Why Telehealth?
- during the pandemic
- benefits for provider personnel
- benefits for patient
- Why a telehealth online event?
- Meet the community request to publicly present examples of telehealth programs in hospital-based acupuncture practice
- Defining "Telehealth"
- with a citation from a peer-reviewed paper published in May 2020 by a Duke University team
- Jedrek Wosik, Marat Fudim, Blake Cameron, Ziad F Gellad, Alex Cho, Donna Phinney, Simon Curtis, Matthew Roman, Eric G Poon, Jeffrey Ferranti, Jason N Katz, James Tcheng, Telehealth transformation: COVID-19 and the rise of virtual care, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, https://doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocaa067
- Telehealth vs. Direct Patient Care
- False comparison
- Clinical vs. No Clinical care is the true comparison
- Leveraging technology
- example: the active duty military family communication
minute 11 - 18
The Telehealth Model for Integrative Health
|Go to video|
- Telehealth potential for integrative health practitioners
- One-on-one telehealth options
- individualized sessions
- with self-care: acupressure, tuna, movement (tai chi, qi gong), etc
- prescribe TCM dietary therapy. examples are given
- prescribe CHM
- Group telehealth
- webinars/group classes
|Go to presentation video|
- Set patient-centered goals
- Create a treatment plan with steps to help the patient meet their defined health goals
- Use metrics--this is a basic aspect of professional practice
- Questions for the Telehealth Panel?
- Submit them here with the "telehealth" in the subject line.
- Introducing the Summer 2020 Community Survey
- How to Reserve your seat or access recordings of the event
Related blog posts
- The Telehealth Roundtable for Hospital-based Programs event
- The Community Survey on Phased Re-opening/Closing
- A Review of the HHP's Community Discussions on Pandemic Prep & Response
- The HHP's Vision Statement