|You need a ticket to attend--looking for a ticket?
Join our experienced panel of hospital-based acupuncture program leads and managers to discuss setting up a telehealth program in medium to large healthcare systems and pivoting the work during the pandemic as part of phased re-opening/closing plans.
Get your ticket to the “Telehealth Roundtable on Hospital-Based Acupuncture Programs”, an online conference scheduled for Saturday, June 20th, 2020, starting at 0900 Central.
Theme for this Event
|You can't attend without a ticket.
Choose the type of event ticket that fits you here
Ticket—access to the live event
Plus—basic ticket plus access to the online resource with all the
recordings and other content created for this event
only—just access to the online resource with the recordings. No access to
Panelists each give short summaries of their programs
Socratic discussion of the topic by panelists
Some Qs from attendees posed to the panel for more discussion
Panelists include (confirmed to date)
- Paul Magee, lead acupuncturist, Penny George Institute of Health and Healing, Allina Health, Minnesota
- Christine Kaiser, acupuncture program manager and quality assurance, University Hospitals Connor Integrative Health Network, Cleveland, Ohio
- John Burns, acupuncture program manager, Advocate Aurora of Wisconsin and Illinois
- Juli Olson, National Lead, Acupuncture, Integrative Health Coordinating Center, Veterans Health Administration
- Galina Roofener, acupuncturist, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Mori West, C.P.C. of AcuClaims, coding & billing expert
- Nancy Gahles, Integrative Health Policy Consortium, IHPC
Please buy a ticket and share this event with anyone who may benefit from it or enjoy attending and supporting. Thank you.
More resources on telehealth
University of WA Survey of Acupuncturists during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- For those of you practicing as acupuncturists, check out this IRB-approved survey from a colleague who is doing this research through the University of Washington. Looks like she is collecting data on how the pandemic is affecting practice, from direct clinical care to pivots in online resources including the use of telehealth: https://redcap.iths.org/surveys/?s=7FTTYN73X9&
- suspension date: the survey closes June 8th, 2020
- More info:
- The survey is intended for ALL licensed acupuncturists. You don't need to have a telehealth service in place to respond to the survey. One of the aims of this survey is to set the stage for larger survey studies of profession-wide effects similar to the benchmark studies in other healthcare professions.
- The estimated time to complete the survey is 5 minutes.
- Principal Investigator: Tamsin Lee, DAOM
- At a time when I hear disagreement in the definition of "telehealth", I offer this very useful definition they published, which dispels all previous confusing terminology I have heard in the medical field the last year or so:
"The term 'telehealth' refers to the entire spectrum of activities used to deliver care at a distance--without direct physical contact with the patient. Telehealth encompasses both provider-to-patient and provider-to-provider communications and can take place synchronously (telephone and video), asynchronously (patient portal messages, e-consults), and through virtual agents (chatbots) and wearable devices."
- The article was published May 17th, 2020, by a team from Duke University, "Telehealth transformation: COVID-19 and the rise of virtual care" in the Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association
- Jedrek Wosik, Marat Fudim, Blake Cameron, Ziad F Gellad, Alex Cho, Donna Phinney, Simon Curtis, Matthew Roman, Eric G Poon, Jeffrey Ferranti, Jason N Katz, James Tcheng, Telehealth transformation: COVID-19 and the rise of virtual care, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, https://doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocaa067
- The Community Discussion online module on Pandemic Prep & Response
- Community Discussion in the closed Facebook group
- send me a message via the website contact page why you are interested, where you work and who your sponsor/mentor is
- The Google Survey, created by the community. New as of June 2020.
- More on the Telehealth Roundtable Event
- Pre-Event video and quick notes: Why an event? and What is the potential in patient-centered health care for an Integrative Health Telehealth program model?