Inspiration for Employees and their Leaders
Review of the "Leadership and Workplace Mondays" theme from the public HHP Facebook Page, February 2019
"To scale daring leadership and build courage in teams and organizations we have to cultivate a culture in which brave work, tough conversations, and whole hearts are the expectation. And, probably more importantly, armor is not necessary or rewarded."
"If we want people to fully show up, to bring their whole selves, including their unarmored whole hearts, so that we can innovate, solve problems, and serve people, we have to be vigilant about creating a culture in which people feel safe, seen, heard and respected."
"Daring leaders must care for and be connected to the people they lead. Care and connection are irreducible requirements for whole-hearted, productive relationships between leaders and team members."
-Brene Brown, Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. quoted from the audiobook. chapter 9.
How to build a dream team in 5 steps--an interesting read on building a dream team with links to a free access lecture on the topic from LinkedIn learning.
How to have a productive conversation--how to talk with your manager/hospital admin about additional training, expanding a program, funding, or time. The LinkedIn Learning article and video give 5 steps for a productive conversation:
- present your case and state your goal
- offer supporting evidence
- check in
- show you heard the feedback
- restate or refine your request
If you enjoyed this, check out our public Facebook Page and subscribe to our email list.
For more recommended reading (books and audiobooks) on leadership, see our Reflecting on Leadership post.
More posts on Leadership
- Lunchtime Listens (audiovisual resource recommendations)
- January 2018 Leadership and Workplace Mondays roundup
- December Leadership and Workplace Mondays roundup
- November Leadership and Workplace Mondays Roundup
- A leader that practices mindfulness and self-awareness is a positive force in his/her organization
- Making Space for Innovation
- National Academy of Medicine's Clinician Well-being Series--audiovisual resource
- The Mind of a Leader