How full is your wellness bucket?
Your resilience bucket?
Are you making time for regular self-care and wellness activities that build your resilience?
For health care providers, especially those in hospital-based practice, burn-out rate is very high.
The National Academy of Medicine is running a series of open meetings on "Clinician Well-Being". These 2018 meeting sessions were webcasted and recorded. You can view the recordings on YouTube and read the related discussion papers on their website.
Remember, in integrative health, a core tenet of the practice, whichever your specific discipline, follows this basic idea, "Physician, heal thyself".
The May meeting webcast recordings.
NAM Clinician Well-being website
The Clinician Well-Being Knowledge Hub
The NAM YouTube Playlist for these webcast recordings
1. Improve baseline understanding of challenges to clinician well-being;
2. Raise the visibility of clinician stress and burnout; and
3. Elevate evidence-based, multidisciplinary solutions that will improve patient care by caring for the caregiver"
Care-Centered Documentation in the Digital (EHR) Environment: Solutions to Alleviate Burnout
- The most quoted published paper on Quadruple Aim as a compass for Triple Aim, by Bodenheimer and Sinsky:
- Bodenheimer T, Sinsky C. From Triple to Quadruple Aim: Care of the Patient Requires Care of the Provider. Annals of Family Medicine. 2014; 12(6): 573-576. doi:10.1370/afm.1713
- The Gold Foundation, "Humanism in Healthcare Supports the Quadruple Aim"
- Find more fodder for your Lunchbreak Learning on the Hospital Handbook Project's "Lunchtime Listen Recommendations" page.