Do you want a pdf copy of this article?
You can request a pdf copy of this blogpost via the website for the cost of a cup of coffee. All proceeds go toward basic operating costs to keep this HH Project work going.
Inspiration for Employees and their Leaders
Review of the "Leadership and Workplace Mondays" theme from the public HHP Facebook Page, April 2019
|Dare to Lead by Brene Brown|
|Power Moves: Lessons from Davos by Adam Grant|
- Recommended books to read/listen to this month:
- Brene Brown’s Dare to Lead
- Go here for related leadership and workplace recommendations from the Hospital Handbook Project.
- "Power doesn’t corrupt." Power magnifies who a person is; it magnifies virtues and faults.
- Parapharase from this Washington Post business & economy article from Adam Grant. This is one of those lessons learned when Adam Grant recorded a series of interviews for the audio-only book, Power Moves: Lessons from Davos audiobook.
- Adam Grant’s TED podcast, WorkLife, is a recommended leadership-theme listen from our free resource, “Getting Your Foot in the Door of Hospital-based practice”:
- Good sleep (quality and quantity) fills your resilience bucket. Don’t underrate it.
- Results from a Cigna workplace survey notes that women surveyed reported more lack of sleep than men. Not clear from this article if this is (a) better self-awareness of health than their male colleagues (b) self-awareness of lack and significantly less hours (quantity and quality) due to managing work responsibilities
- “Instead, invite them to think about what kind of person they want to be — and about all the different things they might want to do.”
- Article: “Stop Asking Kids What They Want to Be When They Grow Up” by Adam Grant
Want to see more resources related to the workplace for hospital-based integrative health practitioners?
- Sponsorship for the wisdom-share series, "Basics of Being a Healthcare Employee" is now open.
- Please share this sponsorship opportunity with people and organizations you feel would support this Project. Thank you.
- More information and links about this resource at the website
If you enjoyed this, check out our public Facebook Page and subscribe to our email list.
For more recommended reading (books and audiobooks) on leadership, see our Reflecting on Leadership post.
More posts on Leadership
- Lunchtime Listens (audiovisual resource recommendations)
- March 2019 Leadership and Workplace Mondays roundup
- February 2019 Leadership and Workplace Mondays roundup
- January 2019 Leadership and Workplace Mondays roundup
- December Leadership and Workplace Mondays roundup
- November Leadership and Workplace Mondays Roundup
- A leader that practices mindfulness and self-awareness is a positive force in his/her organization
- Making Space for Innovation
- National Academy of Medicine's Clinician Well-being Series--audiovisual resource
- The Mind of a Leader
You can request a pdf copy of this blogpost via the website for the cost of a cup of coffee. All proceeds go toward basic operating costs to keep this HH Project work going. Thank you.