Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have several "runs" of salmon. Last week I chaperoned a school field trip for my daughter's class where we travelled to Twanoh State Park, where the Olympic mountains meet the southern portion of the Hood Canal. See quick video of it here.
Time for the monthly progress update. I continue to learn more about the Teachable platform for hosting online courses as we finish up the beta-testing phase of the Workers’ Comp Documentation Toolkit: (East Asian Medicine) Practitioner’s Perspective. I designed this course for the WA L&I Acupuncture Pilot Participants to be successful in transitioning to this style of clinical work and the state workers’ comp system of documentation and reimbursement.
I have continued to post short clips of my Hospital Handbook Project work in the blog. (The book manuscript has more comprehensive information.) Recently have posted a series of posts related to the current opioid crisis. The following posts are useful for the patient or patient advocate:
- Acupuncture's Role in the Opioid Crisis, the white paper
- State Attorney Generals Push for Non-Pharm Pain Relief Therapy options
- The Joint Commission New Pain Management Standard--Non-Drug Pain Management must be available to patients
- The FDA Pain Management Guideline recommends Acupuncture
And these posts are intended for the practitioner:
- any of the above and
- Moving Beyond Medications: Non-Pharm Approaches to Pain Management and Well-Being
- The Medication Review: Calculating Morphine Equivalent Dose (MEQ)
- Medication Review and Review of Systems: Side Effects of Opioid Medications
- The Field of Acupuncture Research in 10 minutes--a video
If you missed it, you can still listen (or watch, when there is video), a recommended Lunchtime Learning series from the related blogposts or from the YouTube playlist.
Our Facebook Page is growing. Please “like” our page and rate it (if you like the information). You can also send me messages/email through the Hospital Handbook Project Facebook page.
Book progress--I am going through edits of the manuscript and learning more about self-publishing process every month.
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” –Melody Beattie
Post a Comment
Please keep your comments clean and related to the post. Inappropriate comments will be deleted.