If you are interested in the movement of integrative medicine into mainstream medicine from at least one of these perspectives:
- as a healthcare consumer/patient
- as a healthcare advocate
- as a healthcare practitioner
- as a healthcare administrator
- as a philanthropist
I recommend the following introductory resources for perusing:
- a copy of the book, The Bravewell Story: how a small community of philanthropists made a big difference in healthcare by Bonnie Horrigan
- the DVD documentary, Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare
- the book, The Spark in the Machine: how the science of acupuncture explains the mysteries of Western Medicine by Daniel Keown
- Creating Resources to Grow and Connect the Integrative Medicine Hospital Practice community
- What is the Project?
- Why This Project? Megan's Story
- Support Acupuncturists and their Hospital Administrators (Sponsors)
- Integrative Health and Wellness Resources for Kids and Parents/Caregivers
- Nutrition for Family Health, the whole foods and integrative medicine approaches
- Reflective Readings to Inspire Your Day
- Are you in the Present Moment? learning about mindfulness
- Love Chocolate?
- FDA Pain Guideline Recommends Acupuncture
- Gift Ideas
- Lunchtime Learning Recommendations--audio or audiovisual presentations for the Integrative Healthcare Practitioner or Hospital Admin/Hospital Sponsor. Research reviews, podcasts, webinars, setting up programs, etc.
- 2017 Project Fundraiser Sponsors and Contributors
- The Hospital Handbook Project (HH) Newsletter(s)