"Writing a case report is one of the simplest and most effective ways to become actively involved in massage therapy research. By taking the valuable insights you have gained by working with a client and sharing that knowledge, you enable others to work more effectively with clients who have similar needs."
- 5-part webinar on how to write a case report, "Free 5-Part Case Report Webinar Series"
- Review case reports written by others at the Massage Therapy Foundation journal website
(2) Connect with other therapists by joining an "E-Research Cohort", where strategies for writing case reports are discussed.
(3) Open Access Journal
The International Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (IJTMB), the official journal of the Massage Therapy Foundation, is open-access, peer-reviewed, and indexed in PubMed.
The IJTMB (journal) website.
"Through IJTMB, the Foundation provides peer-reviewed case reports and scientific information free of charge to therapists, students, medical professionals, patients, and anyone else who may be interested in the science behind therapeutic massage."
(4) Student Case Report Contest
Students must submit before their graduation date and the contest accepts applications year-round. Applications are reviewed once/year.
(5) The Official Newsletter and Archives
The Massage Therapy Foundation newsletter and newsletter archives, the Communicator.
(6) Free Foundation E-Books
List of free Foundation e-books
- Pediatric Massage--A Massage Therapist's Guide to Getting Started by Tina Allen
- 5 Myths and Truths about Massage Therapy--Letting Go without Losing Heart by Tracy Walton, MS, LMT
- How to Connect with a Researcher by Ruth Werner
- The Case for Pain Relief: 5 Research Studies for Massage Therapists
- Working with Physicians: A Massage Therapist's Guide by Laura Allen, LMT
(8) Research Infographics
The Foundation has a series of infographics they have created for specific research studies to visually explain and share key information and conclusions from the studies.
You can view all of them and their related published research papers on the website.
(9) Research Posters
You can view a collection of research posters.
(10) Research Grants, Research Grant Contests, and more
The foundation has research grants, community service grants, a student case report contest, poster abstract submission options, and research journal submission guidelines.
(11) Community Service Projects and Grants
Read more about the program at this page and watch the video to see examples of programs which have received grant funding from the Foundation.
Interested in Supporting this 501c3 Nonprofit Foundation?
You can support the Massage Therapy Foundation through individual donations, sponsorships, or volunteering. Learn more here.