For patients to have access to integrative medicine, you need to hire IM practitioners into the facility.
Patients have the best access and greatest potential for team care coordination when IM (including acupuncture) is available in their usual health care facility.
See this blogpost on the De-Stress Vets blog. These are nonprofits that support veterans, active duty military, and their families.
- Blue Star Mothers and the Sew Much Comfort program to create adaptive clothing for injured servicemembers.
- The NMCRS Visiting Nurse program You can donate to this program on thiswebpage.
- The American Red Cross’s work with military families and emergency messages.
- AWB’s Military Stress Recovery Project
- The MOAA Military Family Initiative, which advocates for military families. Also a strong advocate for military families who have children with special needs (EFMP).
- A reminder of the history behind the VFW’s buddy poppy program.