Feed Your Mind
- Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, 12th edition, hardcover.
- Bates’ Pocket Guide available in paperback and Kindle formats
- Case Studies to Accompany Bates’ Guide available in paperback and Kindle formats
- Integrative Health Clinicians’ Desk Reference, paperback and Kindle editions
- Spark in the Machine
- Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber, MD. Paperback and Kindle formats.
- Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Educated Heart, a practical guide to professional boundaries by Nina McIntosh
- Griffin's Hospitals: What They Are and How They Work
- Deepak Chopra books
- Yeti Mug—keep your student hydrated and the liquid stays hot or stays cold for the entire clinical shift or study session.
- RFID-blocking wallet--to protect your hospital ID card and other cards (credit cards)
See the Gift Idea page for more inspiration and links to fair trade coffee and chocolate
Getting Used to the Workplace as an Employee-Clinician
- "Basics of Being an Employee in a Medium to Large Healthcare Setting", a new video interview series recorded in 2019 and going through editing and publication into 2020. Topics in the six videos include: what to expect during employee orientation (onboarding), performance plans & employee evaluations, mentor-relationships and career path mapping, and team communication as a professional clinician
- First Steps (to getting your foot in the door of hospital-based practice) resource (e-booklet + workbook)
- The "New Hospital Employee Resource"
- Follow our "Leadership & Workplace Mondays" theme on our public Facebook Page and the blog article summaries of these posts.
Research Resources for the Hospital-based Clinician
- The "Research & Metrics" theme on our Facebook Page and blog article summaries.
- Research Literacy and Practical Applications for the Hospital-based Clinician
- Short courses with pdfs on metrics for clinical practice
- How To Use a Validated Pain Scale in Your Clinical Practice
- Calculating Morphine Equivalent Dose (MEQ) for Non-prescribers: Medication Review Standard
- The Integrative Medicine Researcher
- Notes from the 2019 Society of Acupuncture Research (SAR) Conference