Where Self-Reflection Fits Into Self-Care Habits
How to Start Your Self-Reflection Habit
“Often when you’re at the edge of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” -Fred Rogers
“Nobody else can live the life you live. And even though no human being is perfect, we always have the chance to bring what’s unique about us to live in a redeeming way.” -Fred Rogers
“Our lives change when our habits change.” –Matthew Kelly
- Opening Up by Writing It Down, 3rd edition: How Expressive Writing Improves Health and Eases Emotional Pain (July 2016) by James W. Pennebaker and Joshua M. Smyth.
- Dr. Wayne Jonas on journaling
The Healer Within: Using Traditional Chinese Techniques to Release Your Body’s Own Medicine ,Movement, Massage, Meditation, Breathing
- For example, see the St. Placid Priority programs in Olympia, WA, at the Priory Spirituality Center 2019 programs include art (felting, enneagram), music-facilitated imagery for the soul, and seasonal programs (Lenten retreat).
- Intimacy with God:an introduction to centering prayer (2009) by Thomas Keating
- The Path of Centering Prayer: Deepening Your Experience of God by David Frenette (forward by Father Thomas Keating)
- Open Mind Open Heart by Father Thomas Keating
- Too Deep for Words: Rediscovering Lectio Divina with Thelma Hall