Community Survey this Month:
Please share the survey link with colleagues who can add their wisdom.
- Continue the discussion in the community about the following topics: using metrics in clinical care, finding relevant metrics for your work, how integrative oncology programs are being set up, maintained, and grown
- When enough information gathered, will create a summary document(s) available to the discussion community and a public blog post summary via the blog
- Follow up interview potential about specific programs for those interested in participating, part of the "issues in hospital practice" community webinar/interview series. For more about this special Project series, go here.
- Integrative oncology programs have been growing quickly in the last 5 years. I usually field questions to those practitioners in the community who are working in oncology, but the rate of queries coming in have increased in rate and complexity. To the point, I feel it would help us and the people-with-questions if I wrote up a summary of the community wisdom to share both in the discussion groups and in a blog post.
- I still feel it is necessary to connect people entering these programs or, especially, those creating/standing up these programs to connect to potential mentors in the community. This does not substitute the person-connection/mentor-relationship building. It will, I hope, provide a softer landing spot for those who are in the “waiting place” to connect with their very busy mentors. Softer landing spot = basic background on the subject, resources to read and review, etc.
If you are a student or practitioner in the field and are interested in connecting to mentors or programs,
- First, check out our Hospital-based Practice Learning Opportunities Directory.
- Then, if the options in the directory don't fit your needs, you can contact me via the website with your query.
- Research Thursdays: Oncology
- Paths to Practice Interview with Dr. Annie Budhathoki of Huntsman Cancer Institute and Wellness Programs
Subscribe to our email list for the latest updates and follow us
for "research and metrics Thursdays" on the public Facebook Page.
You can support this community-wisdom-sharing work by
buying me a coffee or sponsoring a newsletter via our website. Thank you.